Dear friends, since objective and real information is not always available here, I will contribute some explanatory and misleading explanations:
WATER: Behind FASADA, we can really thank the conservationists who did not allow the planned cover color, and the approval of the approval was subject to 1: 5 dilution! Given that the waterworks are a technical monument, their expression is a necessity for the law … Unfortunately, of course, from my point of view, I would be unequivocally inclined as a cover coat … Mrs. Herman gave us 3 possibilities to get her signature under the building approval protocol: 1) leave the plaster completely uncorrected and „historic“ 2) overlay only a few of the most damaged places 3) use a diluted paint (even if „males“ are seen) All who discuss professionally ask the question: what would you choose? I just point out that lacking the signatures of conservationists means not validating and thus lacking a subsidy. If the waterworks were not a technical monument, the whole action would be faster, easier, cheaper and dare to say,
Selection of a construction company: Mr Špecinger’s company offered the lowest offer. Everyone knew, given the well-known information, that this could be a problematic realization. Reference actions were required, but these companies have also documented and fulfilled all the dikes of the law … However, the action is significantly subsidized by the ROP (almost 9 mil. CZK!), So if it would be canceled at the time of the selection of the contractor, lose a subsidy! And unfortunately, at a time when more than $ 1.1 billion of debt is to repay more than $ 660 million, we can not take advantage of the luxury of retention and self-reimbursement! It should be remembered that our town was due to the irresponsible approach of the past leadership of the town hall one of the most backward towns in the Czech Republic! Every year we pay approximately CZK 100 million! More than 10% of the budget – it’s an incredible number!
However, the basic information is that the waterworks are still NOT handed over and tomorrow is the next day of control, so no one has yet been built and there is a gradual „deflation“ of the unfinished buildings. Asking how to urinate „walk“ after the friah I answer: as much as possible! The unified grant agreement from the ROP allows us to enforce the daily penalty for delays of up to CZK 4500. We do this and for tomorrow’s inspection day, the contractor has a fine of 20 x 4500 crowns, CZK 90,000 (sanctions valid from 1.7.).
LÁVKA (recapitulation already written): From a practical point of view it was impossible to increase tonnage without reconstruction of the bridge! If we want to continue to use the island as a meeting place for cultural events, if we want to use the amphitheater at concerts, if we want the possibility of arrival of cleaning cars, this is ONLY an alternative. Pedestrian footbridge is NOT designed for a load of over 1.5 tonnes, exceptionally it can be used by IRS vehicles. If it was used in the past for the occasional crossing of the heavy machinery, it was not in line with the footbridge designation and the bridge as a whole is acting in a destructive way! The whole project tried to respect the historical and technical value of the building, but it is not possible to avoid changing the bridge.
This (load increase) was dealt with in a public presentation of the study by Ing.arch. Jírovské (summer / autumn 2014) more or less unemotional. Otherwise the parameters, the look of the footbridge were, of course, consulted with both the city architect and the conservationists …
As far as the railing is concerned, it has already been published that, given the current safety regulations, it is not possible to have a railing, after which children can climb – hence the lifts. And by the way, according to some „beautiful craftsmanship“ it was not the original handrail at all, but it was artificially fired about 40 years ago.
I would like to ask (if there are many comments here, from people who would solve the situation quite differently): How would you solve the need for tonnage increase otherwise? This is the solution that they were looking for and found by people from ORR and designers. People who are builders. Engineers who respect standards and legal standards.
Otherwise, I personally like the new look of the footbridge and, of course, I respect someone not … it is my subjective opinion … Yes, I admit that the bridge has lost a nostalgic touch, but from a practical point of view (for the operator, cyclist, skater) . The handrail seems tasteful to me, because it does not matter in color, it is visually reclined and leaves the whole historical structure of the footbridge …
This is just for a comprehensive summary of what is widely discussed here. Sometimes we try to release the information with all available channels (Newsletter, press, web, FB, we respond to discussions in this group and we try to react quickly), but there are still some things that have already been explained and sometimes unfortunately could not be done otherwise …
I am a little sorry (although I know that there is a much louder criticism) that some of the „non-conflictual“ investments, which are already a lot of this year (what I can only think of), are not discussed in a fanciful and visionary manner:
– Reconstruction and many new routes, lighting and game elements on the JV part of Kmoch Island
– the major reconstruction of Březinova Street
– in the following months of regeneration of settlements – connection to the yard at Družstevní Street and Šachovnice, the area from the Water World (from Rimavská Sobota to Funkeho Street) will be completely renovated, with many benches, rest zones, game elements, walkways etc.
– revitalization and treatment of greenery on the island – complete treatment of over 1000 trees and future planting of other greenery and flower beds
– CLEAN COLLIN project (after Cologne working clean-up plots of almost 30 people, who dispose of black dumps and keep order, etc.)
– Underground containers to the city
– the grounds of SK Štítary and others …
I do not want it to sound like a city, but you really need to be aware of the reality of urban finances. Huge debt (over CZK 660 million), repayment of CZK 100 million per year. In spite of that, Cologne is investing heavily. The options for how to fill the city budget (except statutory income, administrative fees, etc.) are de facto only two:
1) European (and other) subsidies – we are asking, we are successful and I would like to say that, as part of the systematic preparations for the just new EU programming period, we are by far the best that Kolin has ever been (since January, presently we are working specifically on assignments and projects, according to which we will immediately ask for the individual grant calls and we will be ready immediately)
2) land sale in the zone – this year Tsubaki will sell land (more than 15 million CZK and 100 jobs for the people of Cologne!) And there is another land in the game for which, for strategic reasons, I will not express the interests of the investor (but he seems to be on the right) …